Above & Below:- Haverfordwest Priory © Crown copyright (2013) Visit Wales
Haverfordwest Priory was founded in 1200 on land donated by Robert Fitzancard, the Lord of Haverfordwest. Like many of the buildings from this era it was dissolved by Henry 8th and after passing through many owners is now under the care of Cadw.
Recent excavations of the site have uncovered Britain’s only surviving ecclesiastical garden from the medieval period.
Copyright © Croeso Net 1998 -